PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Who can tell me.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jan 2002, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Northbrook, Il, USA.
Posts: 3
Default Who can tell me.....

What performance mods you can do to the Cruiser before you get into trouble with Illinois emmission checks.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jan 2002, 09:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 27,758

Not being from Illinois, can't really speak for your state but some of the better products have been CARB tested and say that they are 50 state legal. A couple of the easiest ways to add a few HP to your PT are a Cat-back performance exhaust and and non-restrictive air filter system. There are numerous other mods but do some checking around and ask at your emmission station the same question you asked here.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jan 2002, 01:52 pm
Cool Cruiser
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Hammonton, New Jersey, USA.
Posts: 352

I agree with CREWZIN IF It doesn't have a CARB sticker it's more than likely not emmissions legal. The K & N FIPK is legal in all 50 states

Greg Gavencky
N.J. State Director
PT Owners Club
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.