PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Service Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2008, 01:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to wedge22
Default Service Schedule

Whats the service schedule like for a Base Cruiser as I have no service book with my car.
The car is running fine and everything seems ok but the weather here is pretty nasty right now so I was thinking of going to the mechanic for a quick checkup. The car has 23k miles on it.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 06:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Service Schedule

Oil & Filter change every 3,000 miles is the main one. At your mileage you should be thinking about replacing Plugs with Platinum Plugs and Plug wires with Performance wires. See www.raceandstreet.com for Crane wires. I got my plugs from Wal-Mart, either Champion or Auto Lite will do. Some have purchased Airaid air filters and replaced the stock air filter.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Dec 2008, 12:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info, I guess I better get the oil changed soon as we have nearly put 3000 miles on it ourselves. What grade of oil do you use? Is an Airaid filter better than OE?
Old 19 Dec 2008, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The grade you use depends on where you live. Your talking "getting nasty" so I take it you mean cold so you should stick with a 10w30 or 10w40.

The Air-Raid filter will do nothing for performance but it does sound good when you stomp on the throttle. If you have any kind lag or hesitation when you first get going, any aftermarket filter may help with that, but if you drive normal and stay with the flow of traffic, just keep the normal paper filter clean and change it every 20-30,000 miles.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 01:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah its gotten down to -8 here with nasty wind chill.
I will look into filters and plugs, probably available at Lordco here.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 04:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you do the tune up yourself, use dialectric grease on the plug wires and anti-seize grease on the plugs. Set the gap at .040, torque to 13 foot pounds. the intake manifold should be "snugly" tightened in this pattern 5, 3, 1, 2, 4. It is NOT a hard job. I believe there is a "sticky" in the performance area on how to accomplish this. Good Luck!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar