PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 PT Cruiser Check engine light and transmission problems.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 May 2011, 04:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Check engine light and transmission problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgespt View Post
i have an 07 and at first i didnt think i could get the codes either, but you just need to be quick.

....that's what I'm talking about!
Old 26 May 2011, 11:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

but i didnt get any codes....just the little "done" message.
Old 26 May 2011, 11:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

that is because there are NO codes to get
Old 18 Sep 2013, 08:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Check engine light and transmission problems.

I also have a 2007 PT cruiser convertible actually it's my daughters car for college . The car has been sitting in my drive way for about a month but today my son drove it and a similar problem arose the check engine light is on but no codes I checked by turning the key method and got the "done" message ! But the transmission seems to not be shifting and at 45mph it's turning 5000 rpm !! HELP !!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 10:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpierce2087 View Post
can i damage my car by driving with this issue cause the Dealership is a good Hour away. Also can you suggest a good how to guide to changing it out? I read that if it is the cam shaft sensor that it wont let it go past 2500 rpms could that be the reason im getting the skipping cause if i let off the gas it will go after that thanks alot for the help.
Ah, a fellow sufferer of the Cam Shaft dance, haha. Same thing happened to me, it would buck and jerk and if i let up on the gas(getting ready to pull over) it righted itself for a bit. I made it home from work, over 20 miles, like that. Hair-raising. Actually even stopped doing it and light went off, for a day or two then went back to it and we replaced- took 10 minutes. However, take it from my personal discovery, and listen to these guys when they say DO NOT use an aftermarket sensor. I did and now three months later i'm replacing mine AGAIN tomorrow. The aftermarkets apparently don't play nice with Chrysler...mine lasted 2 months and less than 4K and now i'm getting the p0344 which is Camshaft Sensor Intermitent- ie- trouble brewing. LOL

Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:44 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: 2007 PT Cruiser Check engine light and transmission problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
transmission seems to not be shifting and at 45mph it's turning 5000 rpm !! HELP !!
It sounds like it is going into 'Limp Mode',but I would expect some code/s showing up.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 06:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have a 2007 convertible and my check engine will just randomly comes on then when i try to accelerate it jerks and sputters horribly but when i leave it sit for a while it runs like a champ even though the light stays on . Then the light will go out the next time i start it. It runs well when i drive it all over town then the light comes on and we try to accelerate then get the jerking again any ideas ?
Old 22 Oct 2015, 06:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Also tried to get the code but no. Not even the done sign either. My odometer is digital and on right side of the gauge panel the only display i get is the usual light s when you turn the key on and they are in the middle display where my speedometer is. Cant get any codes am afraid to drive on interstate light might come on and will probably crap out on me. Any suggestions ?

Last edited by Rick1443; 22 Oct 2015 at 06:23 pm.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 08:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would suggest getting an OBDII Scan Tool. You might be able to get a engine trouble code as you are driving the PT Cruiser with the scanner plugged in.

I am suggesting you might have an electronic, fuel or transmission problem. First thing I would check is your transmission oil level. Has the transmission been maintained regularly? I would also take the PT Cruiser to a transmission shop that will offer to check for Pxxx codes for transmission error code problems for free. You might have a transmission code stored on the PCM but the Scan tool does not recognize it.

If the transmission is okay I would suggest you check is the fuel pressure. You should be getting 57 +/-5 PSI.

If the fuel pressure is okay then check the throttle position sensor wiring and contacts. If they are good i would suggest you check the throttle position sensor itself.

If the TPS checks out okay I would check the camshaft wiring and contacts going to the camshaft sensor. If that is okay I would check the camshaft sensor itself.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 22 Oct 2015 at 11:47 pm.

Tags
airbag light, check engine light, transmission