PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TESTING Photobucket

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2017, 06:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: TESTING Photobucket

Hey Rob, is that photo of the dash from that 64 Dodge random or belong to you or someone you know? I'd trade my GT for a decent 64 440 or Polara. Two door, of course. Or wagon.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 02:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post

Photobucket picture. Captured by left clicking on picture on Photobucket. Right click to bring up box and left click on "Copy Image Address"

Come back here and in your reply click on the yellow box and hit "Ctrl V" to put image into box. Click on "OK"
Your way EXACTLY as you posted instructions.

EDITED RESPONSES THIS IS WHERE YOUR WAY SHOULD HAVE SHOWN THE PICTURE. NO PICTURE!

Old way same picture attempted from above for years this is still what we see.

I might also add that I can no longer expand a single picture for viewing either on PB.

For those that are still capable of using your account I think your time will be limited. I have other accounts that I have not logged unto since PB no changes and they are all still active and able to see. I fear that should I log unto that account they will also at some period be removed from general viewing.

This picture below was posted July 3rd 2012 using another Photobucket account I have not logged onto in months. The picture is still here.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 04 Jul 2017 at 02:51 pm.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 02:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lynn, are you saying my way worked for you? I can see the picture of Lightning McQueen.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I've been doing some reading up on this. For me, I've never used Photobucket because it almost always got filtered out at work for some reason. But for many folks that use it, the big issue is that they have been uploading for over a decade and have been posting links to the those photos on internet forums for all that time. It's impossible for almost anyone to go back and edit the link to every photo they've ever posted. So when Photobucket changed the rules, these folks were effectly held hostage.

But there has to be another motive behind the $400 a year price tag to get 3rd party image hosting back. Even when holding everyone's photos hostage, Photobucket isn't going to get a lot of takers at that price. Going from zero to $400 is crazy. With the low cost of storage nowadays, the actual cost of storage and bandwidth for thousands of photos is less than a penny at day. I myself pay about $50 a year to "Fat Cow" hosting for unlimited storage of websites and images. Plus they host my domains and provide email and other perks as well. And that's a commercial account. $400 a year is an insane amount to ask just for a private account to host a few thousand photos for a year.

I suspect Photobucket will soon come out with a new "reasonably priced" plan for private image hosting. It will be a fraction of what they are asking for now and lot's of folks, previously shocked by the $400 price tag, will sign up because it will seem so much cheaper. Going from free to $25 a year would seem outrageous to many. But going from $400 to $25 will seem more palatable. I bet this is the game Photobucket is playing. But we will have to see.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 04 Jul 2017 at 02:38 pm.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 02:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Lynn, are you saying my way worked for you? I can see the picture of Lightning McQueen.
I edited my response. your way does not show the picture.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 04 Jul 2017, 02:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would say sometimes IMHO people that are not directly effected by what PB did with there resent adventure for their users maybe just read along if interested about this subject matter... ?

For me it is PERSONAL... Yes I should have thought about using a different method for posting pictures. But Photobucket served me well up until last week.

I might add like many can go back on some forums over decades and still edit personal responses and pictures. On this forum from for me from the beginning. Editing restrictions are generally set by the administrator or owner of forums.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 04 Jul 2017 at 03:03 pm.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 02:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, just tried it again. For now, when I click on a picture in a photobucket album, the picture itself is singled out and becomes bigger. That's where I click on the picture and copy the image address to bring it back here. If you can't expand any picture on the album page by left clicking on it, then you do have a more restrictive thing going on with your account.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 03:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

OK, just tried it again. For now, when I click on a picture in a photobucket album, the picture itself is singled out and becomes bigger. That's where I click on the picture and copy the image address to bring it back here. If you can't expand any picture on the album page by left clicking on it, then you do have a more restrictive thing going on with your account.
Yes thank you... When we single and enlarge our PB pictures it shows the blocked image information.
This was a stored PB picture of mine that as soon as I enlarge it and copy its location address what I and we see here.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 04 Jul 2017, 03:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Testing from Photobucket - right click method:

Testing from Photobucket - using provided link:

Testing from Photobucket - direct link:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...psmwp9lzbc.jpg

It all works on a new account. This must be the "drug dealer" technique. Give the stuff away free until the user is thoroughly invested.

It would be interesting to know how many Gigs of photos each member has on Photobucket. This may be why some accounts are blocked from 3rd Party hosting, some are partially blocked, and some not at all. With the size and quality of the photos I usually post, it looks like I could post about 1,000 photos before reaching the 2 Gig limit. However, it looks like bandwide may be what they are measuring.

We will see how long takes for my photos to get blocked.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 04 Jul 2017 at 04:06 pm.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 04:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You know some of you are just really not reading the PB information.
What is really bugging me now is few that a few think they are immune to the new updates? Was the information I posted that can be found from PB not clear?
What you think some of us are retards and have not already tried joining again under new information to see if it works, DUH! it does but if you read from PB this will only be for a limited time as PB will inform you of the new updates and at some point in a very short while you will be in the same BLOCKED images as the rest of us.

REALLY WHATS IS THE POINT of trying to respond thinking its is NOT going to happen to you!

A few of us have contacted our "computer geek friends" mine works at APPLE and gets paid for sitting around and talking about new idea's (think tank) all day at the toon of 125kbase +bonus which is just unspeakable a years has told me that there is NOTHING that can be done. PB planned this a year ago. They have other ventures they are moving into on world wide web with other affiliates and users like us can either pay or in a few months the pictures will be deleted from PB.

sooooo keep on wasting our time and trying post that we are all morons having used PB for years and this is only going to go away and our pictures will return or it is only going to happen with
only a few of us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 04 Jul 2017 at 04:16 pm.