Advertisements
TESTING Photobucket

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2017, 04:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: TESTING Photobucket

Lynn,

SO we should just sit back and play dead and moan and cry? Some of us are trying, trying to find a way around what's happening or find other ways around it. If you want, just give in. I've already spent a couple hours looking over the photobucket albums and seeing what pictures I want to save. Happily almost all of the pictures on PB came from my computer albums. I put them on my computer before putting them on photobucket. Will I be able to go back and replace all the photos that don't show up anymore on the forum (when and IF it happens) probably not but I'll have all the pictures when I do find another place on the web to store them. Right now I found a way of still using photobucket. Will they eventually get to me? They already blanked the codes on the pictures but I found a way around that. I'll deal with whatever comes along next.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 05:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
You know some of you are just really not reading the PB information.
What is really bugging me now is few that a few think they are immune to the new updates? Was the information I posted that can be found from PB not clear?
What you think some of us are retards and have not already tried joining again under new information to see if it works, DUH! it does but if you read from PB this will only be for a limited time as PB will inform you of the new updates and at some point in a very short while you will be in the same BLOCKED images as the rest of us.

REALLY WHATS IS THE POINT of trying to respond thinking its is NOT going to happen to you!

A few of us have contacted our "computer geek friends" mine works at APPLE and gets paid for sitting around and talking about new idea's (think tank) all day at the toon of 125kbase +bonus which is just unspeakable a years has told me that there is NOTHING that can be done. PB planned this a year ago. They have other ventures they are moving into on world wide web with other affiliates and users like us can either pay or in a few months the pictures will be deleted from PB.

sooooo keep on wasting our time and trying post that we are all morons having used PB for years and this is only going to go away and our pictures will return or it is only going to happen with
only a few of us!!!!!!!!!!!!
"ImageShack and PhotoBucket were the Imgurs of yesteryear:" Looks like they all get greedy after a period of time.

What happens when imgur goes out of business?

https://neosmart.net/blog/2017/what-...t-of-business/
Old 04 Jul 2017, 07:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
You know some of you are just really not reading the PB information.
What is really bugging me now is few that a few think they are immune to the new updates? Was the information I posted that can be found from PB not clear?
What you think some of us are retards and have not already tried joining again under new information to see if it works, DUH!
sooooo keep on wasting our time and trying post that we are all morons having used PB for years and this is only going to go away and our pictures will return or it is only going to happen with...

...only a few of us!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Nitro. No one is trying to make you feel dumb. And the Photobucket information is currently contradicting itself if you dig into it. That's why they are still giving you links with [IMG] for embedding while telling you that you can't do it. There's a message on the Photobucket front web page that even says they are in the process of making changes to the website. They haven't updated everything yet. But this is already affecting lots of folks we know far beyond this forum and everybody is trying to find out what's truly going on and what's going to happen.

Based on reports here and about a ten thousand other forums, it looks like they are going after the bigger private users of bandwidth first. The size, quality, number and locations of images posted is going to affect this greatly. This means the folks that really do a lot of posting on the most popular sites are likely to be affected more than the occasional posters of images. It's likely to eventually affect everyone, but they appear to be starting with the prolific online folks first base solely on bandwidth use, like I suspect you (Nitro) are. At least, that's what it looks like right now.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 04 Jul 2017 at 07:33 pm.
Old 04 Jul 2017, 07:57 pm
Banned

I've never used PhotoBucket but I just went to their website just as I was a new user. I just wanted to read their new Terms Of Service since a note about that appeared at the top of their website. I couldn't even read it all before being bombarded with numerous popup ads. Even my popup blocker was going crazy. I spent less than a minute on their website and have no intentions of ever going back
Old 05 Jul 2017, 08:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I've never used PhotoBucket but I just went to their website just as I was a new user. I just wanted to read their new Terms Of Service since a note about that appeared at the top of their website. I couldn't even read it all before being bombarded with numerous popup ads. Even my popup blocker was going crazy. I spent less than a minute on their website and have no intentions of ever going back
No pop up so you can read and understand clearly! Maybe you will be the one that does?

Photobucket Plus Storage | Photobucket

and rick so you can go ad free....

NOTE which plan allows for 3rd party posting!;)
some may think they are clever and getting away with something for joining now and being able to post pictures but other that have used PB the new posting guidelines will eventually effect your posting 3rd party pictures.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 05 Jul 2017, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
No pop up so you can read and understand clearly! Maybe you will be the one that does?

some may think they are clever and getting away with something for joining now and being able to post pictures but other that have used PB the new posting guidelines will eventually effect your posting 3rd party pictures.

Yes. But when you upload new photos, it still gives you a link with the [IMG] already in it for 3rd party posting. As we've already said, Photobucket has not completed all updates yet. Also, at the bottom of the main web page it says the following:

Quote:
Pardon our dust...

We are currently sprucing up our website to be faster, easier to use, and just plain better all around. You may notice a few things changing, but don't worry we are here to help. If you have any questions please contact our Support Team.
There's no details as to why 3rd party posting still works, who is impacted by the business model change, nor when, if and how everyone will be. If you call the "Support Team" (sound like that same nice Indian folks many automotive sites use), the cue cards they read from don't yet explain all this either.

Luckily, there's all kinds of folks working on this all over the internet and I'm sure we will all get the answers some place like here on this forum even before the nice Indian call center folks get their new cue cards.

And by the way, who are these "clever" folks you keep alluding to? Sound like you are trying demonize some folks for no possible reason. It's not their fault you can't see your photos.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 05 Jul 2017 at 09:07 am.
Old 05 Jul 2017, 09:09 am
Banned

Quote:

I don't want direct links to their stuff, I want to experience them just as if I was a new user to them.

So I went to their website again and this is what I get, a screen full of all other junk and I can't even see their website

Old 05 Jul 2017, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

STILL WORKING. Enlarge the pic, copy the IMAGE ADDRESS and bring it back here to put in the reply.
Old 05 Jul 2017, 02:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I don't want direct links to their stuff, I want to experience them just as if I was a new user to them.
So I went to their website again and this is what I get, a screen full of all other junk and I can't even see their website

well first you need to sign on ...use your device and "CLOSE" the ads. They only bombard users that sign on that do not pay anything with a few and then there is actually less active annoying ads then what pops up on this forum

Carey WHAT CAN I say keep posting your PB pictures....

at this point I (and a couple other members) see where this thread is going and know why..

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 05 Jul 2017, 03:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

Carey WHAT CAN I say keep posting your PhotoBucket pictures....
:
Will Do.