Advertisements
TESTING Photobucket

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: TESTING Photobucket

Photobucket addresses complaints over new policy that charges heavy users $400

Denver-based Photobucket on Thursday said that a side business discovered by customers long ago is not sustainable. The company stuck to its new policy to charge up to $400 a year to people using Photobucket to host a large number of images.

“This path to a more sustainable business model allows us to develop an even more robust product to meet our customers’ needs,” Photobucket chief executive John Corpus said in a statement.

In late June, the company began charging $60 to $400 a year to customers who were using the site as essentially a hosting service. Users could store images on Photobucket and link to the images from message boards and other third-party websites. The service had previously been free and supported by ads.

But 75 percent of Photobucket’s costs originated from “non-paying users leveraging 3rd party hosting,” Corpus added. And it resulted in “zero revenue.”
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Same here. The [IMG] link is back and working.
Not really for about est. 90% of the PB users.

Nope... still does not work for me .

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It is such a tease because I can see ALL my albums and pictures, just cant do anything with them I normally did!

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lynn,

When you see the album page and a page full of pictures, when you left click on one of those pictures, does it not come up in a page by itself with the IMG codes to the right of the picture?

Talk later, got a Saturday night Cruiser-In to go to.
NitroPT likes this.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 08 Jul 2017 at 03:32 pm.
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:20 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i don't even understand why anyone cares or would bother to continue to host their pics on a site that is going to shut you down soon. whatever work around you find, they'll fix soon enough. they have people like me out there that they pay to tie up these loose ends for them. anything you do is just a temporary fix.

pic link died on my motor page that worked fine yesterday. i tried to view the pic so i could download it and host it elsewhere. it looked like this for 5 minutes, and then a full page ad popped up. they have the free account bandwidth turned so low that the ads don't even load. i closed the page. next time i use PB it will be to delete my account. i don't even want my pictures, they aren't worth the aggravating ads. IMO they are broke and they will be non-existent soon.
Capture.jpg

why beat a dead horse?
photobucket sucks.
time to move on.
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:36 pm
Veteran Cruiser

wont even LET ME delete my account. it's greyed out.

Capture1.JPG
Old 08 Jul 2017, 03:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

that IMG ink that is greyed out was greyed out for me a day before crewzin and came back and worked for me. now my account is like nitros. they're phasing it in to avoid the news and a site overload, IMO.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 08 Jul 2017, 06:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob302 View Post
that IMG ink that is greyed out was greyed out for me a day before crewzin and came back and worked for me. now my account is like nitros. they're phasing it in to avoid the news and a site overload, IMO.
Yep. I just figure that after all the backlash, they will offer a lower cost plan with 3rd party monitoring. With thousands of images posted for each heavy forum users, it just becomes unfeasible to go back and edit all the image links. So many would likely pay if the cost is low. But for the rest of us that never used Photobucket to begin with, there's just too many good free alternatives like Google Images and so on. They aren't all as user friend as PB, but at least they work.

And of course, no one should ever think that the content we post on any forum will be here forever. Once no one wants to be a moderate anymore and the ad revenue no longer covers the costs, most go away the domain name ends up for sale. I used to post on a forum called, Sebring Club. It's still there. But there hasn't been a new post in almost a month and the last non-admin post was May 23rd. Not every model of car gets to be eternal like the Mustang.
wingman55 and rob302 like this.
Old 08 Jul 2017, 10:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Carey thank you for the suggestions. I dont want to waste space to post pictures of everything I see and have tried to get around what they did. I noticed that my http is changed when I enlarge the picture which normally the http should remain the same. This is the one picture i have been trying to recover directly from PB. I can copy and past it from PB intact when signed on PB but nothing else.

20170628_082615_resize_zpsw9gcfkpz.jpg

This is not the first time photo support sight that went off the deep end with users. Maybe some of you r ember freindstir. I lost a few hundred on line posted pictures when they end the photo sharing program. I started to us Flickr until they changed their site making it more difficult to post several pictures at a time, and that is when I signed on to PB.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendster

I do not expect that PB will return to what they offered. Nor do most of us expect to EVER have our pictures restored Without paying the $400 FEE. IMO, PB is to far in the deep black pit-less hole now. Like everything else these day it will be old news in a couple of weeks and no one will care and we all will find a new way to post our pictures.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 09 Jul 2017, 07:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Lynn, here's hoping you can figure a way around what Photobucket did to you. Maybe part of it is that they are picking on the heavy users as my 2400 pictures may be a small amount compared to you and others and "they" are picking on you first. I never did get the $400 ransom notice.