PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
....my god, let's start over with the stage 1....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2003, 03:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Default ....my god, let's start over with the stage 1....

...yes, I did buy the GT sight unseen. The dealer didn't even know they existed when I called to order. So it appears to me that I had plenty of confidence In 'good ole Chrysler' to lay the $27.000 cash down for a test drive, oops 'ownership', of my very first Chrysler product. Now I am very satisfied with the cute little fella sitting all pretty in the corner of the garage but I am pissed how it really appears to have been released before it was fully baked. I have close to $5,000 in aftermarket mods now and wouldn't hesitate to blow $5,000 more....It is far from a daily driver....it's never been wet! Yea, I made the comment that I had had enough and would sell it...now mine is one of the unfortunate ones that has the high speed miss...and the dealer has tried without any success to cure it. That bull about a new flash for the computer doesn't exist according to the dealer. Now after three attempts with the same problem I understand the 'lemon law' can be activated to solve the problem....If this happened do you really thing DC will give me back the value of the car with the mods as it sits? So...if I try to sell it who in their right mind would buy a car of this magnitude with an engine miss that can't, as of current means, be fixed. Some have monkeyed with the plugs and stopped their problem....opps, you voided your warranty by not using the specified plug and the specified gap! Now I bet the whole she-bang that this new "stage 1 upgrade" will fix it, and I am a gambler and will buy it just to be able to have it where it will pull all the way to red line. As I said, I drive what ever fits my mood for the day and if needed I have access to keys that will pull the trigger on 700-800 hp vehicles. But I am a perfectionist and this GT with 2000 miles should not 'miss' no matter what the problem is nor had a bad clutch! So folks I 'did' put confidence in Chrysler maybe they ought to put some confidence in themselves! They marketed this Cruiser to the mature purchaser, age 45-55, they ought to have been ready for some mature questions...bottom line is it sure won't break me if the damn thing blows into little bitty cruiser bits...I will build it back stronger if it keeps my attention that long! I am just so frustrated with the fact that we can't get simple answers to simple questions and with some consistency. And by the way I'll take a truck load of those "installed $3000 motors" that were mentioned, it would be a wise investment.....And while I am at this, why in the hell don't we use this board for it's better ability. Jody and the few that helped create it designated a place "The Steam Room" for bitching!....so me, as well as the rest should be more wise and put this stuff where it belongs. All the dissatisfaction should go there "The Steam Room" and leave the only connection we have that has been willing to offer us anything from the "inside" to give us all the info she can without sifting through the threats. I think that the entire board is being looked at by "them"....not just this one string..........UniqTwin, please proceed...your all we got!