Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2003, 04:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

I have been going crazy trying to find out what the stock injector size is on the srt-4. I found it to be 33lbs! I run 15psi to redline and i am at 90% duty cycle. I have 40lb injectors that I am installing today and will be setting the boost to 18psi up to red line.

As for the BOV not being needed. I respecfully disagree. When I installed my BOV, I noticed quicker recoveries from my turbo as I shifted. The stock surge valve was not big enough to accomidate the extra flow of air from the boost being turned up.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 04:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Can one fo you guys get the PN off the stock injector? I would like to compare it with mine.

Also, break down and get teh stage 1 kit. its worth it if you ask me.

If you guys want, I can start carring the stage 1 kit and will offer it for less than your dealer?

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 04:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

If we want? For less? Just order them Hector!!!

Click to see my GT!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 05:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RobGT

[|)]

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 18 Jun 2003, 05:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exhaust Depot

If you guys want, I can start carring the stage 1 kit and will offer it for less than your dealer?
NOW you tell me...[xx(]
I'm always a day late and a dollar short...[:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 18 Jun 2003, 07:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RobGT

hey guys i just looked up the part numbers for the injectors

2003 gt cruiser injector # 4852747aa

2004 pt cruiser turbo injector # 4891574ab

2004 gt cruiser turbo injector # 4891574ab

the 2004 injectors are not available yet no depot in chrysler has any in stock

tommy

Old 18 Jun 2003, 07:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exhaust Depot,

Sounds like a great offer, but I would ask you to wait on making the decision until DC and Mopar start talking to each other and resolve some of the profound questions that have been raised. I believe UniqueTwin is working on this, but no one has heard the results yet. Until then, everyone with even the default warranty would be foolhardy to "do the kit." By the time the warranty has expired, I would fully expect guys like you to come up with even better enhancements. The last thing I would want would be to see you get stuck with these things till we're sure you have a market.

If DC/Mopar do get their fecal matter compacted, add me to your list of customers.
Light almond GT w/5 spd, aluminum gas cover, 400-watt amp w/Kenwood 3-ways in rear, EJECT power button, custom dual exhaust, hidden trailer hitch, mini-flames by Streamline, mini-flames around windshield washer, \"amx\" turbo-up custom intake, Stage 1, BTG strut tower brace, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Custom 17x7 wheels.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 02:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Rocky buddy whats uP!?

I will get them from my local guy so its not I will have to stock them.

As for getting you guys larger injectors or as for you getting the 04 larger injectors I dont think it will do you any good with out an emanage like I have on my car or an apexi afc or a 04 ecu.

Here is why:

Say the injector sprays 1 gal every minute. Lets call this a 1 gal injector. It has a 1 second on time from the ecu.

Now you get a 2 gal injector. It still has a 1 second on time from the ecu. So you can easily see how you will run very rich unless you can reduce the 1 sec down to .5 seconds.

Old 19 Jun 2003, 09:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

injectors have to jive with what the ECU is thinking they are doing?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 19 Jun 2003, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yoa ED--just suffering through another MT summer (green mountain peaks all around, big trout pulling the unwary visitor into the river, etc). It's a rough life but...

While I don't understand these things the way you guys do, I do recognize that it's a "system" that needs to be upgraded. My understanding was that someone was going to need to crack the codes on the DC PCM before a full upgrade could be made. Is this not correct? Can I bypass the PCM's functions on fuel and boost management?

Thanks for the clarification on the Stage I situation. I'm going to hold and see what UniqueTwin and her colleagues have been able to sort out before making a decision (I have the 7 yr/70K extended warranty, so I'm a little hesitant about discarding that extra-cost item).

Take care, Bro.
Light almond GT w/5 spd, aluminum gas cover, 400-watt amp w/Kenwood 3-ways in rear, EJECT power button, custom dual exhaust, hidden trailer hitch, mini-flames by Streamline, mini-flames around windshield washer, \"amx\" turbo-up custom intake, Stage 1, BTG strut tower brace, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Custom 17x7 wheels.