Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
"Turbocharged exhaust system design"-by Turbo Engr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2003, 09:38 am
Cool Cruiser

strangelove,

What browser / OS are you using on your mac? If you use Safari, you can click the bug button in the upper right hand corner and describe the problem you're having so that Apple can work on fixing the problem. They're going to need all the help they can get since MS has stopped developing IE for OS X.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 10:04 am
Senior Cruiser

Apple cut their own throats in the 80s by not allowing cloaned machines, and ever when they did, it was very , limited and way too late.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 11 Jul 2003, 11:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Well, Apple doesn't have the commanding marketshare but they make excellent hardware and software. I bought my PowerBookG4 in 2001 for school and it's served me quite well and was competitively priced. The ease of use and intuitive design is what keeps me using the PB at home and at school. My wife is the major user of my PC at home now. I like wirelessly working from the couch vs. being at the "computer desk".

Luckily for people who like choices it looks like Apple is going to be around for awhile.
Old 12 Jul 2003, 12:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Great article until he switches languages, right around: "Also, the temperature of the exhaust coming out of a cat is higher than the inlet temperature, due to the exothermic oxidation of unburned hydrocarbons in the cat."
Old 12 Jul 2003, 01:42 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree JeffV, some of the info in the artical is way over my head, but I think I get the basics that bigger is better for your exhaust. Was thinking of getting the Bassani Duals, but after reading the article I think I'm going to look for a 3 inch straight through exhaust. Don't think I want to negotiate installing duals if a single pipe will do the job. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm planning on installing Mopar's Stage I & II (when available) and a cold air intake.
Thanks for the Apple info, DTs, I agree Apple makes great computers that look good too. Have you seen the G5 !!! Wow, industrial Design in overdrive. I'm using Mac OS 10.2 with Explorer as my browser. You would think that MS would have spread there script around if they are making software for different platforms. I might get safari when I upgrade my OS, but I hate switching browsers and all that it entails. Why can't software just get along. Microsoft sucks
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 13 Jul 2003, 02:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Strange - tell me if I'm missing something, my read from the article seemed to indicate that exhaust systems for our HP range in excess of 2-1/2" was a waste. So what's the difference between 2-1/2" and 3"?

Thanks, just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. Also, if anybody has installed a 2-1/2" straight back, please provide details, including pics if possible.

Thanks.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 04:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

here is a 3" exhaust. Pretty good price too. http://www.atrperformance.com/index....c96ddcc1672bdc
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 13 Jul 2003, 04:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have a 2.5 turbo to mid pipe, Cat. delete with a y pipe going to the drivers side with a cap on the end. when I want to play I take the cap off and the gasses come out the side. look on the PVO pt thred and you can see the pipe. it is between the doors and on a angle. sounds MEAN!
Old 13 Jul 2003, 07:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

man that sounds similar to my setup PVO, except i'm still running my cat and my sidepipes are duals. Good idea though.....
Old 15 Jul 2003, 07:56 am
Young Cruiser

So, where is the recommendation on which exhaust is best for turbo PT's??
Joe