Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
...all Chrysler pcm's on hold????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2003, 06:35 pm
Young Cruiser

...well all I wanted was the PCM that would make the car run right (no high rpm stutter) before changing to stage I and stage II. Talked to the dealer today and it just happened to show up last friday and they just forgot to call me....
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Kirby, I was trying to say that maybe DC has a similar process on replacing PCM's on warranty work, they must program the vin or other such thing before they ship the replacment which would be a longer lead time for part replacment. Or maybe they have so many going they dont have enough "spares" and had to ramp up production. Maybe that paticular plant that makes them was already tooled for the newer 04 PCM. Dont really know, just chatting.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sorry for the rant. (Seems I've said that before) I am sure that DCX is trying its best to do a just in time mfg process, and that doesn't leave room for a lot of spare parts.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Laf,

Do you know any one who nite know any one
who works at the Lewisberry plant? You could
be the man to get the codes we want.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 05:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Culprat, As I did not mention Lewisberry(and yes it came from there) you must know the area. Where you at? I dont know, if I know anyone there but I also lived in Yocumtown wich is way closer yet, there is a bar called Klingers down that way, might stop a little more often and keep my ears open and see if any my old buds are around and know anything.

Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Old 17 Sep 2003, 08:03 pm
Young Cruiser

If you got no clue dont speak for the topic only the stage 1 pcm's come pre programed with the vin all other pcms come with blank vins that you program in trust me I work for Chrysler
Old 18 Sep 2003, 12:32 am
Cool Cruiser

spidy134,
I threw a thought process out there, seems that made to order was pretty close to what our Mexican Connection has said. If I am wrong I dont mind someone saying so, YOU telling me not to post a guess or guesses(one of which was very accurate) or a thought process is not your place.

Old 18 Sep 2003, 01:01 am
Cool Cruiser

LAF,

Thanks for thinking of trying it would be
great to find a programer that is friendly.
Sorry I live in Battle Creek Mi., in my
sreach for help I found out were they do the
burning.But I don't know any one near there but
you known, the bar sounds fun.

Keith
Old 18 Sep 2003, 05:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well I will get down there to the bar, I dont drink any more so will be tea or soda. Too bad as this bar has like 50 micros on tap, a huge cigar selection, and at least a few hundred imports in bottels and cans. I will try and get down there on my scooter rides and have a look see for old friends, and maybe new. Not sure what I would ask if I can meet someone, but we will see what dirt I can dish.

Old 19 Sep 2003, 12:14 am
Young Cruiser

LAF
For starters my coment was not directed to you but to mexicanpt who states all pcm's are special order to to they are pre programed to that vehicle!! And I now know why the PCM were on back order we have what is known as flash reprograming through our MDS system There was a glitch in the software which would wipe out the pcm's memory rendurring the pcm's useless up until a couple of days ago the problem was corrected with the addition of a new cable and software update but the damage had already been done dealers all over North America had wiped out so many PCM's trying to flash them that they went on back order status.
note Pcm for each vehicle only differ by engine size,somtimes transmission, base line and or premium VIN,S are programed in via DRB2
[:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X][:X]