Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
...all Chrysler pcm's on hold????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2003, 07:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Default ...all Chrysler pcm's on hold????

..anybody got more information on this. Dealer has had the new 'stutter fix' pcm on order for 5 weeks and now says Chrysler has all pcm's on hold!!!! Wonder if Mopar Stage I is on hold also? This might be the only way to get rid of the miss....
Old 15 Sep 2003, 08:05 pm
Young Cruiser

I work for a dealer in Canada and I ordered a pcm for an 02 caravan and its been on back order for 2 weeks already as to why I have no idea!![:I]
Old 15 Sep 2003, 08:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wow that sux!! i wonder why??
Old 15 Sep 2003, 09:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

new pcm to day in my ptgt 5 days to get pcm form DC part num 5033062-AK Description module PO 8035027 .my ptgt is a five speed
Old 15 Sep 2003, 10:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

My TSB18-029-03 PCM was ordered on 8/21 and installed on 9/10. When was the hold supposedly placed on the PCMs?

I do know my car runs better with the new PCM. Shifting seems a little better as well.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 12:29 am
Young Cruiser

Mine came in 5 days. (for the stutter) Although the new programing cable has yet to show. 25 days.

Don
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

The PCM will always be on backorder because they are made specifically for your vehicle, Mopar cannot stock them, the order is sent to the supplier and they make your PCM and ship it directly to your dealer, I know this 'cause I was a parts manager at a dealer. The Stage I PCM's are not on hold, they're being shipped out normally, they did fix a minor bug that was in the first 75 produced, rest assured the PCM's are being built and shipped ASAP.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 16 Sep 2003, 03:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

So you're saying that the PT pcm is only made to order, DCX stocks no parts ahead?
Little PT elves come in at night and make a pcm designed specifically and only for each individual car?
Old 16 Sep 2003, 05:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well when I ordered my stage 1 I had to provide vin, it has to be programed into the PCM. My S1 came in two boxes, one from who I ordered it from and one from a company about 10 miles down the road who did the programing. I dont know if this is why or not, but makes sense to me.

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3 down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 16 Sep 2003, 06:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

S 1 is a special order PCM that comes directly from the pcm vendor(a process already confirmed by MPP folks).

I have a hard time imagining that the many thousands of standard PT Turbo models being shipped without a PCM. Would DCX have the dealers finish manifacturing them on site? Who handles the dropped and mis installed parts warranty.....it's too much to even imagine. I would sooner believe in the PT elves!