PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Intune l1000 on 06 pt limited turbo atx?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2014, 11:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Intune l1000 on 06 pt limited turbo atx?

I thought I had read on this site that someone did in fact swap a gt computer into a turbo lite with success. My suggestion is to search the archives on this site and verify that. This site has been around for a long time and there have been many generations of modders here before us that have attempted stuff.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 08:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You are correct. I believe there is more than one member that has upgraded their 1st Gen turbo lite with a GT PCM. And if a GT PCM will work, a Stage 1 PCM may work too. That's is what is indicated in the following thread. And remember that when that thread was written it was much harder to get a Stage 1 PCM than it is now.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...mp-220-hp.html

And more specifically, read this:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...bo-lite-2.html

The problem is that the OP has a 2nd Gen PT. I think all this applies to the 1st Gen cars only. That would include turbo lites from 2004 and 2005. And it includes the 2003 turbo with injector upgrade. As indicated earlier, it may not be practical to attempt this upgrade on a 2006 turbo lite.

PS: The 1st Gen GT is likely going to be a better platform to start with for performance upgrades. There are way more performance parts, accessories and upgrades available for these than any other PT. And right now, 1st Gen GT's are very cheap. With a little dealing, there's no reason someone couldn't sell a nice clean 2006 turbo lite and then pick up a comparable-mileage 1st Gen GT for about the same price.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Oct 2014 at 08:23 am.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 08:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The PCM is the operating computer for the engine and other systems. This information about swapping comes reported from none professionals and the source considered carefully before copying what was done. The threads provided have has information on some aspects that is incorrect.

I also saw this in the same thread provided. I have not read it but the title caught my attention.

There is a reason there are so many PT Cruiser at junk yards now! Even on the PT Crew most of the original core members don't mod up their engine or have moved on and sold their PT Cruisers for other plat forms. I have noticed that many part out their PT Cruisers and try to place them back to stock before selling them? I realize it is to try to get some of the invested money if the upgraded parts but I have also followed a couple of striped PT's and they don't do so well with the new owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSteve View Post
Well, we just found out the answer to this question.

NO. STAGE 1 DOES NOT WORK ON THE 180HP ENGINE.

See this thread for the complete answer:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=4244

The continue spread of poor inaccurate and bad information is a auto forum disease that seems can never be cured?

Maybe someone should contact Flight Systems after all they would be the #1 information source to be able to answer the question!

Then post up what they tell ya!!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 27 Oct 2014, 09:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post

Maybe someone should contact Flight Systems after all they would be the #1 information source to be able to answer the question!

Then post up what they tell ya!!
Before calling Flight Systems, I dare anyone with a Diablo Sport to call Chrysler and asked them if they recommended hooking up that third-party gismo to their car's PCM. I'm sure they will have a few choice words about that. Terms like "unsafe", "illegal", "unadvised", "can't possibly work" and "Mustache on a Mona Lisa" will likely be used.

A better idea might be to contact one of these members that have actually used (or claimed to have used) a GT PCM on a turbo lite, such as Rocketman8060.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Oct 2014 at 09:48 am.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 10:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Todd you can not get past the needed flash from a Chrysler dealership.

I respect what you can do as a DIY but very few know about PCM flashing and calibrations. DO YOU?

You are only posting "old" bits of information found on a forum. And it is not even a technical forum.

You post a ridicules challenge when you should know DiabloSport really could give a rats arse about PT Cruisers. That is a dead platform to them. They only continue to included it because of the "kin" neon and SRT models. This is why there have been no updates directly relating one for several years now. In fact I found a flaw in their current update that they and I are still working the bugs out with.

Calling most any dealership will not get information that is experienced based on engine modification to increase power output. Most will simply say it will void the warranty, your PT may not pass emissions. HOWEVER I can give you a few CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP that does "off road" modification and support the MOPAR race program which are more likely to help with performance upgrading than the average Chrysler Dealership.. So what!? Your information about dealerships or mine means nothing here?

If this idea was so simple many would have been doing it and posting information more so than the 1 or 2 fragmented information that is available. If it were easy enough to do it would have solved many drivabilty issues over the years with some that upgraded there engines and had issues because of timing or fueling. But as you can see your OLD internet information is just that, OLD.

I give you a means to call a company that could give you the answer and you refuse to do it? I wonder why? You know very well why I choose that company to contact.

You just got a Turbo PT Cruiser and have barely done any upgrades that increase the engines output and you are posting information as if you have technical experience with these kinds of modification? This is not a distributor with points and a carbureted engine that you can use a screw driver and timing light to tune it with.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 27 Oct 2014 at 10:32 am.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 11:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Todd you can not get past the needed flash from a Chrysler dealership.
Actually you can, Lynn.

There's several companies out there that will flash the PCM for a fee. When you add up the cost of finding and buying a GT PCM and having it flashed to your VIN, you can likely have the pre-flashed Stage 1 for near the same cost. You need to read my posts better. I use pretty snappy language sometimes.

I appreciate your advice and your generosity in providing it. But often you advise members that certain things will not work when several others have reported it will. And no matter what you have done in the past, that makes you the outlier on the topic at hand. And more proof than one opinion is required.

I would advise anyone to at least heed and research your warnings. But if your advice is based solely on your working theory of how something works, what someone told you and nothing else, it does not trump first hand knowledge. And for me or anyone to recommend that someone seek out and confirm that first hand knowledge is only good practice. It's exactly what I would do.

No one should consider this matter settled if others have reported that a GT PCM will work in a turbo lite while you content that it will not work just because it conflicts with what you believe. You see, I'm not saying it will work or it will not work. I am only saying that one opinion (professional or otherwise) is not enough to settle the matter in the face of contradictory evidence. Thus further research is required.

Again, I say this respectfully. You seem to be very thick skinned. And I appreciate that. I have always found that people with big mouths, big hearts and thick skins are often the ones you can count on the most.

PS: This whole discussion is likely an exercise in futility if the turbo lite in question is a 2nd Gen. I can find no reports of easily upgrading the PCM's in those cars.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Oct 2014 at 11:57 am.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 12:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

where did I ever say it could not be done?

re-read my responses.

Members really wanting to learn things should get off the internet with all us experts behind a monitor.... and call talk to the following:

DiabloSport:
https://www.diablosport.com/

Front wheel Drive Performance
https://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/

Flightsystems
Generator & RV Controls Repair and Replacements, Engine Monitoring, Idle limiting

Mega Squirt
MegaSquirt Engine Management Systems

engine computer auto computer ecm repair pcm repair ecu performance programming, Auto Computer PerformanceECM, ECU, PCM repair & supply, performance programming Tamarac, FL Chrysler & Dodge & Jeep
Automotive Computer Performance

BTW as far as threads..I would have asked for the OEM # of the new PCM to verify it was a GT PCM and simply not a new PCM with updates flashed for the PCM and ATX.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 27 Oct 2014 at 12:28 pm.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 12:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
where did I ever say it could not be done?

re-read my responses.

Members really wanting to learn things should get off the internet with all us experts behind a monitor.... and call talk to the following:

Great...

Add contacting Rocketman8060 to that recommendation and we can sing "Kumbaya" around the campfire.

PS: I will soon have a spare GT PCM laying around. If I could find someone with the right turbo lite, I might be able to put this to bed. I already know how to defeat the SKIM so no re-programing would be required for the test. Like the speedometer cluster and rear disc axle, we might learn something new or at least document it better.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Oct 2014 at 12:40 pm.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

JAVIER aka Rocketman8060 is a personal friend and we often talk!

If you sell someone the the PCM for a turbo lite guinea pig test don't forget the injectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Like the speedometer cluster and rear disc axle, we might learn something new or at least document it better.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 27 Oct 2014 at 12:53 pm.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 01:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
JAVIER aka Rocketman8060 is a personal friend and we often talk!

If you sell someone the the PCM for a turbo lite guinea pig test don't forget the injectors!
Well, "freak-n-Aay"!

Why not call the boy and get him to tell us if this worked or not on his PT with nothing more than a VIN change? I figure there are a lot of turbo light members here that want to know for sure.

PS: T'ain't gonn'a be no GT PCM for sale around these here parts. Testin's all I gots in mind.
red06limited likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Oct 2014 at 01:30 pm.