PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
$5 BUCK BOOST CONTROLLER!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2005, 05:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Hey..Crazyjoe...I have owned four turbo cars from Chrysler since 1987....So WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP.....When I want your opinion...ILL GIVE IT TO YOU...
Yes, I see that you will. In fact, your opinion seems to be the only acceptable one around here, as your incessant whining seems to show. If you have FACTS to contribute to a debate, we'll be happy to listen. If you want to just whine about how someone's talking about using parts you've never heard of, you should be the one putting a sock in it. You said your piece ONCE, you didn't add anything useful with any of your other posts.

Oh, and:

1987 Dodge Shadow Turbo
1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC
1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT

So I've had 5 DCX turbo vehicles. The difference is that it in no way makes me think that I know more than someone who nows how to work on cars. Again, I say that people have been using boost controllers of the type described here for YEARS to increase the power of their turbo vehicles. Use them irresponibly and yeah, you can hurt your engine. But you can do that by not changing the oil, too. Marks-gt was suggesting using this MBC in conjunction with a boost controller, so you can tell what's happening under the hood. That's responsible use, but all you wanted to do was rip on him for suggesting using something other than a "chrysler approved part" to improve the performance of the car. Let it be.

Old 24 Mar 2005, 05:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Crazyjoe, I can't speak for others, but the screamin' title and subject (CAPS) along with the go fast for $5 content kind of pushed me wrong. Yes, if you are aware of all that goes along with making this (or any) mod, you can safely make changes cheap. I just wanted to comment that there are a bunch of 'too good to be true' come-ons and if you start down the path of garbage-in garbage-out (fooling the computer or modifying it's output) you should have a darn good idea of what's happening and what repercussions exist. This forum has many levels of expertise. Questions from basics in the owner's manual to HD turbo transmission upgrades. This thread started off like a cheap, late-night infomercial. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. I hope that anyone who is planning on hopping up a PT will take the time to research this (and any other) mod before causing harm to it. OBDII closed loop operation is more complex than changing to a chrome gas door, right? But there have been unforseen problems with fitting and cap interferance on some doors. Be careful out there, fellow PTer's...

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 24 Mar 2005, 10:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Stick to proven and tested parts...not a brass fish tank valve...leave that to the Goldfish Tank...not the turbo....
Old 25 Mar 2005, 09:35 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Stick to proven and tested parts...not a brass fish tank valve...leave that to the Goldfish Tank...not the turbo....
Here we go again. Guess what, chummy? Brass fish tank parts ARE proven and tested. hop on over to DSMTUNERS.COM, where people have been using the same setups mentioned here out of parts they buy from home depot. They've been doing it since the Talon/Eclipse came out back in 1989. Nobody blows up their engines when they use them intelligently.

Purple04, I had the same initial reaction that you did when I read the topic. And to be fair, I think Marks-GT should have looked around a little more to discover that this topic had already been discussed. But, once you get past the caplock and other warning signs and actually read what he said, it makes sense and isn't irresponsible.
Old 06 Oct 2006, 04:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

does tweaking the boost up a little cause extra wear on the engine