PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New 20" Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2011, 02:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: New 20" Wheels

Lol I would have done it differently given the snow situation but I'm in Florida. Besides, this car only travels less than 4 miles everyday back and forth. Now I did see a cruiser with 4x4 monster truck like. Looks really scary!

IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF.
Old 05 Mar 2011, 05:20 pm
Young Cruiser

You're in Jax? I'm in St. Augustine! Hey neighbor! If you ever want to do a photo/video shoot, let me know. I'd love to see your turbo in action, and just to talk shop with a fellow PT owner.
Old 05 Mar 2011, 05:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjersey View Post
Lol I would have done it differently given the snow situation but I'm in Florida. Besides, this car only travels less than 4 miles everyday back and forth. Now I did see a cruiser with 4x4 monster truck like. Looks really scary!

wow 4 miles a day is up and down my drive way 2x

its always fun to see how others live I am 16 miles to the closes town which make getting a 1/4 ponder with cheese at 9 at night a 30 mile trip
Old 07 Mar 2011, 11:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalFL View Post
You're in Jax? I'm in St. Augustine! Hey neighbor! If you ever want to do a photo/video shoot, let me know. I'd love to see your turbo in action, and just to talk shop with a fellow PT owner.

Hey HeavyMetalFL,

Sure why not?! I'm just finishing up with my headlight retrofit then I'll be probably at the Outlet in St. Augustine one of these days. I'll let you know.

IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 09:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

So what's up ...where can I find the gold line super slammers been looking for some they look sick on your rides with 20's I want that for my ride lmk peeps
Old 08 Mar 2011, 02:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMan View Post
So what's up ...where can I find the gold line super slammers been looking for some they look sick on your rides with 20's I want that for my ride lmk peeps
Your ride looks already slammed... My springs are custom made based on the GoldLine Slammer.

IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 02:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Heh I picked up my goldline slammers on craigslist from a guy who replaced them immediately with airbags.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 06:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdarkcross View Post
Heh I picked up my goldline slammers on craigslist from a guy who replaced them immediately with airbags.
Man! Lucky you! I've been looking all over for the past 5 months or so. I guess I didn't check craigslist regularly. When did you get yours?

IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 06:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Finally!

Lowered, Painted Calipers, Dimpled and Slotted Rotors and Bermuda Black IPCW Tail Lights!

Thanks to John Hill (Owner of North Florida Customs) for getting 90% of the project done. I actually forgot my headlight retrofit so I will probably have it installed next week.

North Florida Customs

Before 2.75F and 3.25R Drop

PT on lifts

Dimpled and Slotted Rotors

Red Caliper Paint

After 2.75F and 3.25R Drop - Showing Rear Only

Alignment was done and surprisingly I didn't have to get a camber kit although it's optional I may have to get it anytime soon. Will post more pics after I wash her tomorrow.

So far I am really impressed with the custom made springs and the ride quality (at least for me) remained the same and it handled really good when turning in corners. 20 inch wheels with Gold Line super Slammer like drop and no rubbing! I know the spring will still settle down in a few months but I still have enough room in the wheel well.

Thank you!

IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF.