PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
power steering low pressure hose blowing off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2015, 12:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: power steering low pressure hose blowing off

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I just went through this - my power steering return line blew 4 or 5 times this winter - often days apart. They didn't blow off, they actually had splits in them and were ruined - and on brand new hose, too. I had the cold-morning startup whine, and thats when it would blow. I dreaded mornings!
After replacing my front return line (its a GT turbo car) 3 times the rear one blew. Fixed the front ones myself, the rear one got patched up at a shop, just using generic good quality hose. It is now holding, but I suspect that it is actually the motor mounts that are the culprit - they are worn, causing the motor to rock too much, thereby kinking the front line and causing it to pop.

You mentioned a 'spirited ride' - as in one where you might hammer the gas and cause the motor to rock in the engine bay to its maximum? Check those mounts!
Old 12 Oct 2015, 01:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: power steering low pressure hose blowing off

This clearly shows the incompetency of the mechanic, who does not know at the first instance the problem of your vehicle. In such condition it will be better for you to bring this issue before the higher authorities and this will certainly be a helpful tool in solving your problem.

Tags
hoses, power steering, pump