PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
BTG Shock Tower Brace, is it worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2003, 04:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default BTG Shock Tower Brace, is it worth it?

I want to make the handling of my car as tight as possible.

Is the BTG Shock Tower Brace worth the cost and labor?

How does the car handle with it? How difficult is it to install? and does it make the car ride stiffer?

Thanks
Old 15 Dec 2003, 11:51 pm
Young Cruiser

This mod is well worth the money. The handling is great. Cost to install $0. I'm an x-accountant with little skills with tools. I had it on in less than 45 mins.

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 16 Dec 2003, 01:02 am
Veteran Cruiser

Love the handling. GT really goes where it is steered!

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 16 Dec 2003, 08:54 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I have the Race and Street strut bar and there was a definite improvement in the handling, I'm sure the BTG will give you the same improvement.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 17 Dec 2003, 10:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Does adding the shock tower brace affect the warranty?
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Like a lot of other mods it really depends on the dealer you go to. Although adding a strut tower bar really shouldn't be much of a warranty issue. The only thing they may claim is if something happened to the turbo and they claim that you damaged it since you have to relocate the turbo solenoids in order to install the bar.

I'm using the Freedom Design Bar for the N/A PT (since it was cheaper than the Turbo model) and had to cut/trim the bracket holding the cruise control and the 3 solenoids. Here's a pic of my setup.

I've had my car in the dealer's shop twice with it looking like this and they haven't said a thing. They've been really cool about all of my mods thus far.

Aloha,
Mark
Old 18 Dec 2003, 11:39 am
Senior Cruiser

I also felt an improvement with the BTG turbo strut bar, and yes it's an easy install...