PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
..rear axle adjustment?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2004, 03:05 am
Young Cruiser

Default ..rear axle adjustment?

..I recently lowered my GT with H & R springs, struts and shocks. This setup is the most fantastic improvement I have ever made to any vehicle at any cost! When I changed the wheels for more positive offset I noticed that the drivers side rear tire sits about a 1/4" further out from the body than the passenger side rear. When the suspension is lowered do we need to adjust the watts linkage? Car only has 3K miles and never wrecked, anyone notice this on theirs? Anyone think of an adjustment that might center the rear axle up with the body...I notice the watts linkage has two adjustment heims...I can't seem to find the correct procedure for this adjustment. Could somebody look in the factory manual and see if this indeed needs adjustment when our suspensions are modified...or just post what the actual adjustment for it is and how to do it for future reference.
Old 02 Jan 2004, 03:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

you should correct the camber...this may be why the wheel sits differently. Whether u correct for it or not really depends on how much you drop the car. rears can take a 2" drop without camber correction. Fronts I would do no matter how little i dropped it.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 03 Jan 2004, 07:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

You are not going to get a camber change in the rear from lowering springs. It is a straight axle you would have to physically bend the axle to get a toe or camber change. In order to change camber or toe you need to remove the spindle an install shims.