PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
how to improve handling on 06 pt cruiser gt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2013, 01:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default how to improve handling on 06 pt cruiser gt

i am new to this site, i have a 06 pt cruiser gt. i am not happy with the handling of the car . i spoke to someone at vividracing ( nice guy ) and he recommended to lower the car with H & r sport springs and replace the front sway bar with and H & r sway bar.
my question is will i be happy with the result. will i notice a small /big differace in handling. also the car does not have rear sway bar. pls. advice what i should do. thanks. i am limited on budget. is this the best bang for your buck
Old 22 Aug 2013, 02:08 am
Banned

Default Re: how to improve handling on 06 pt cruiser gt

Either eibach or h&r will work

Eibach has a lower drop than h&r springs

You can buy a combo on eBay, eibach springs and front and rear sways for a pretty good price.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: how to improve handling on 06 pt cruiser gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlife View Post
i am new to this site, i have a 06 pt cruiser gt. i am not happy with the handling of the car . i spoke to someone at vividracing ( nice guy ) and he recommended to lower the car with H & r sport springs and replace the front sway bar with and H & r sway bar.
my question is will i be happy with the result. will i notice a small /big differace in handling. also the car does not have rear sway bar. pls. advice what i should do. thanks. i am limited on budget. is this the best bang for your buck
Welcome to the forum.

Limited budget and improving handling on a PT Crusier seldom go together?

Depending on what springs and sway bars you will choose those alone should net you about .25G on a skid pad. If you change the shocks with some quality hi pressure units along with springs you may get as high as a .60 increase on a skid pad?

A .50G increase translates to what some may call noticeable? I would.

There is a point to were you stiffen the suspension which some describe a really improved or "go cart" handling? These are the people that will end up washing out on a turn and sliding off the road. There are limitation without spending some good time and cash to do a suspension upgrade correctly on a PT Cruiser. PT Cruiser are a challenge to even experienced chassis builder because of the nose heaviness and high CG. Also as you lower the suspension more then 1.50 on the front yo alter the roll center and suspension geometry effecting steering control. No one to date has offered any product to compensate for this. If you are an experienced track racer you can drive/steer and compensate for this somewhat but it is tiring after a few laps.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN