PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Strut tower brace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:56 am
Young Cruiser

Default Strut tower brace

Just picked up a chrome strut tower brace off Craigslist for 20 bucks. The seller said he ordered it for his 2001 but never installed it. Car got totaled and brace sat in his garage for 10 years. I have an 05 GT convertible. I opened my hood and layed it across to see if it would most likely fit. Seems to. My question is does anybody know if there is any difference in dimensions in the strut tower braces between the NA and turbo or is it just the modified solenoid bracket that comes with the new braces. Thanks in advance.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 07:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Strut tower brace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgraves View Post
Just picked up a chrome strut tower brace off Craigslist for 20 bucks. The seller said he ordered it for his 2001 but never installed it. Car got totaled and brace sat in his garage for 10 years. I have an 05 GT convertible. I opened my hood and layed it across to see if it would most likely fit. Seems to. My question is does anybody know if there is any difference in dimensions in the strut tower braces between the NA and turbo or is it just the modified solenoid bracket that comes with the new braces. Thanks in advance.
There is no differences. These are a great dress up but have no other affect. They do look good though.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good mod - it will "tighten" your steering in cornering.
No difference except for solenoid bracket.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Sep 2013, 12:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Cool, that's what I thought. Now I'll just have to figure out how to modify the solenoid bracket. Thanks for the replies.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 12:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

See here. Post #4 shows how to modify the solenoid bracket.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...wer-brace.html