PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Desperately need a Motor Heads opinion here-MotorMounts in 05 GT Convertible - wrong?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2013, 06:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Desperately need a Motor Heads opinion here-MotorMounts in 05 GT Convertible - wrong?

I bought a motor mount kit for my '05 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible (Turbo) and when the guy doin' the work took the car apart he said these are wrong, but everything I'm seeing online says these are the right parts...so I look at the rear left upper mount that he took out and find the part on the left is what was in my Cruiser..the one on the right is the part all sources say is correct...all I can say is WTF?!...did they swap out the engine with something else?? You guys are motor heads....can you tell me what this other part is and what it's from?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear left upper mount.jpg (19.7 KB, 44 views)
Old 29 Oct 2013, 11:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Desperately need a Motor Heads opinion here-MotorMounts in 05 GT Convertible - wr

Old thread but.....??I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Yes the rubber webbing is a little different but that's just because it might be made by a different factory or there's been a updated, superseded part. As long as the length is the same and the hole fits the bolt, what's the problem?

Last edited by 2step; 29 Oct 2013 at 11:25 pm.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 08:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Desperately need a Motor Heads opinion here-MotorMounts in 05 GT Convertible - wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
Old thread but.....??I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Yes the rubber webbing is a little different but that's just because it might be made by a different factory or there's been a updated, superseded part. As long as the length is the same and the hole fits the bolt, what's the problem?
I think he was worried about the metal part in the midde being turned different. Like you said Don't see an issue here.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Oct 2013, 01:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

The "guy doin' the work" who told the OP that the troque strut was "wrong" must live in a total vacuum and never replaced any parts before.
Old 01 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

To the orignal poster,

Did you order a Mopar unit??

There are different part numbers depending on application

lower mount

5274907AB 2005 GT Stick

5274908AD 2005 GT auto

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv