PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Winter tires/wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Nov 2004, 12:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Winter tires/wheels

When I was stationed in Europe (96-01), I ran a winter set/summer set on the BMW I had (standard operation procedure for most German drivers/owners).

I am looking to do the same for my GT starting this winter. I need a recommendation on a good (read aggressive)winter tire and wheel combo. My original tires are holding up well, but it all honesty, last winter they performed poorly and I ended up using mass transit through out the winter. This winter I won't have that option (new job, different location)

Any ideas ?
Old 08 Nov 2004, 05:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have a set of Dunlop Winter M2's in stock size that I run on my stock rims in the winter.
They are pretty good, and had good performance last winter.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 08 Nov 2004, 09:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

First off let me tell U I never run snow tires in So Calif so what I am about to say is from word of mouth only. Blizzak LM-25 seem to be what most say are the best. These from Dunlop also look good according to Tire Rack. Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 are Performance Winter tires that were developed to blend dry road performance with snow traction. They are sized for sports cars, coupes and sedans that come from the factory equipped with low profile tires mounted on large diameter alloy wheels and are engineered to deliver performance and traction whether the road is snow-covered or not. Feature a silica based tread compound that remains pliable in cold temperatures. Using Dunlop V-Technology, this compound is molded into a directional tread design that helps maintain good traction on wet and slush-covered roads while its high-density lateral zigzag sipes and independent tread blocks provide the edges to help bite into snow. Meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain-symbol.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 10:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Batman

I just installed a set of 16" Dunlop Winter Sport M3s($420). I got them from TireRack mounted and balanced on ASA JS6 wheels($436). Total price to my door including shipping was $931.64.
A rather hefty pricetag, but the GT looks "tough", and the wheels look "better than the regular wheels" according to Mrs. Wingdale Dave. If you're looking for aggressive tread these tires have got that.
I can't tell you how they perform in the snow, but they say we may have some Sunday night. I don't mind spending the cash if it means I can safely get to my job at 5am, often on unplowed roads.