PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Smurf"s here

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2013, 09:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Smurf"s here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
250hp? I always heard 230-235

QUOTE=Chriscokid;474173]You didn't say it was a gt. if its not then probably a turbo lite (180 hp) a stage 1 PCM would bump you to about 250 hp for about 400.00. google FWD PERFORMANCE spring Texas for the info. That would the cheapest and easiest unless yours is Gt

Welcome to forum
[/QUOTE]

I believe you are right. But where is the 10hp the plastic intake is supposed to give? Since the 04 GT had 220 rating.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Apr 2013, 10:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I know I am OLD but can you just picture this red conv Gt with a nice new shinny set of old school Crager SS
Old 25 Apr 2013, 10:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yes 2.4L turbo with the plastic intake mani. Wondering if I need the bigger injectors '04+ that I keep hearing about.

Nope, no running over of feet.... My mom would kill me. LOL

Nope, No GT. must be a turbo lite but the Speedometer reads 140 and it has the chrome spears and 17" chrome alloys.

400 bucks for a comp? LOL anyone got an extra they wanna sell cheaper?
Old 26 Apr 2013, 06:59 am
Fanatic Cruiser

[QUOTE=Busa_Powered;474175]250hp? I always heard 230-235

X2

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 26 Apr 2013, 01:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ok so with the info ive researched this is the first thing Ivbe bought for the cruiser, http://www.ebay.com/itm/230958056259...84.m1423.l2649
Was this a good buy considering I want the sound no trealy looking for performance gains with this thing. Just worried about power loss.

Also looking into getting her HIDs, LED conversion (gauges and all), exhaust and true CAI later on in the future with the possibility of going FULL stage1

Anything you guys can think of that ive forgot?

Last edited by pappasmurf; 26 Apr 2013 at 01:22 pm.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 01:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Ok guys, now here something I've been researching and haven't got any good info on... when is the cruiser in boost? And when does she blow? I know she'll blow when I let off the gas but when does she hit boost under throttle?
Old 27 Apr 2013, 05:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Ok so after a long night of work and not really paying attention but found out I have the 2.4L turbo high output...what does this mean and does it make any difference from the turbo light?
Old 06 Sep 2018, 11:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Holy shit balls, guess who's TRYING TO COME BACK!

Long story short... in February of 2017, I had to put PeTer in storage because of outdated tags. I didnt renew the tags beacause he was throwing a code for "dirty injectors, spark plugs, or plug wires" (I forgot what code) so he sat parked until I could fix him. My parents gave me the money as a birthday present and I just order some parts, hopefully it fixes him and I can get him back on the road.

Any of the old guys still here?? Busted, Nitro?
Old 07 Sep 2018, 07:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Both Busted and Nitro are still around, though not as active as they used to be. I know Nitro is very busy these days with a job and some other things he's working on. Don't really know what busted is up to. You have a very nice PT. I'd love to see it back on the road. I sold my GT and don't have the money to get another PT. I would like to have another one, though. I miss the versatility of it. Welcome back.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 07 Sep 2018, 03:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Both Busted and Nitro are still around, though not as active as they used to be. I know Nitro is very busy these days with a job and some other things he's working on. Don't really know what busted is up to. You have a very nice PT. I'd love to see it back on the road. I sold my GT and don't have the money to get another PT. I would like to have another one, though. I miss the versatility of it. Welcome back.
Thanks man. It's not as nice as it was before it went into storage! I went through severe depression (not fully done yet) and just let neglected taking care of it. The thing was baby'ed TO THE CORE, and fun as hell to blast by people and let off the gas and scare the old snow birds here in orange beach. Lol
I hope to get it back on the road soon and get him back to tip top shape, but still without a job, its gonna be a long haul.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.