Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tires for Dream Cruiser???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2011, 12:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Tires for Dream Cruiser???

What tires do you guys recommend for my 2003 Dream Cruiser? I think the wheels are 17 inches. I just bought it and the previous owner left some crappy tires on it. I live in Missouri, so an all weather tire would be great. The dream cruiser is turbo so I'd also like a good speed rated tire. Just looking for opinions of what people are using and if you like them. I also have a 2003 NA Limited Cruiser with the stock Good Year tires. I'm not a big fan of the Good Years. They seem like they wear too fast for me... Thanks.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Tires for Dream Cruiser???

I've used Kuhmo Ecta's with great succes. Good grip/handling and provide a very forgiving ride.

Now running Hankook Evo Ventu's, and they handle even better than the Kuhmo's did. They're a tad bit quieter on the roads but they don't have as long of a life.

Here are pics of them when I first got them -

and here they are now on my current rims -

They work well in the rain, but I can't say how they'd do in the snow...probably not very good but that's why people have a separate set of winter tires/rims combo
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:15 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

If you want the best all weather tire get the Continental Extreme DWS...they are great in every weather ever snow... and they have a good tread life I have them in my both PT's right here in New York.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 08:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
If you want the best all weather tire get the Continental Extreme DWS...they are great in every weather ever snow... and they have a good tread life I have them in my both PT's right here in New York.

Excellent tires!!

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 13 Aug 2011, 09:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
I've used Kuhmo Ecta's with great succes. Good grip/handling and provide a very forgiving ride.

Now running Hankook Evo Ventu's, and they handle even better than the Kuhmo's did. They're a tad bit quieter on the roads but they don't have as long of a life.

Here are pics of them when I first got them -

and here they are now on my current rims -

They work well in the rain, but I can't say how they'd do in the snow...probably not very good but that's why people have a separate set of winter tires/rims combo
I have an 05 Touring Edition. They are 15 inch rims. I was wondering a couple of things. Because they are 17 in rims, will they fit in the wheel well of my car *I think they will as long as they are lo pro tires.* Question two: do you have ANY idea of where I can get a set of these that are not trashed. Additionally, I cant afford to pay a whole hell of alot for them. I was HOPING more along the lines of a trade. Mayb some1 that bought the car, but didnt want the flashy chrome wheels.